08. 07. 2016.

Red on Red (liquid lipstick as eyeliner)

Hello!

It's always hard to know which sentence would be appropriate to kick  this first post off, but for now a simple hello will work, I guess! Today we are going to talk about something I had on my mind for quite a while. I saw few tutorials on ever so popular platform called youtube about applying your liquid lipstick as eyeliner. It's always like this when I see tutorials floating around, all material needed is in my hands by seconds and I'm trying it out. Same with this one,I grabbed my favourite liquid lipstick with eyeliner brush and started working on my wings.

At first it was quite hard to make a straight line at the end of my wing. The consistency of lipstick isn't quite right when it comes to thin, straight lines, I guess. Even though it was quite challenging at first, as I progressed things started to look better. The hardest part, at least I find it to be,  is appling lipstick at the inner corner of your eye. Line there needs to be quite thin and smooth,while lipstick formula isn't really smooth.

Comparison with eyeliner:

First of all, liquid lipstick formula is completely, but completely different than eyeliner. As close as I could describe it is a mix between gel and liquid eyeliner, As I said, the hardest part to do with lipstick was inner corner of the eye, which I find tricky when working with gel liners too.
I wore it on my eyes for a whole day and it faded out a bit, but not a lot, as some liquid eyeliners do. Even though this was liquid lipstick  surprisingly, wasn't that hard to remove. Lipstick on my lips gave me harder time while removing it than one on my eyes.

Rating 4/5

Why?
It's a lot harder to put on and to remove. Since it was made for your lips I do not know if it's that safe for your eyes. After everything said,I have to admit it's a good substitute if you've run out of your eyeliner ,but just for a day.


Antonela xx







Bloglovin|Twitter|Instagram

Share with the world:

Broj komentara: 10:

  1. This is such a cool idea, I would never have thought of doing it! It must be true about having to be careful around your eyes, as it's not meant for them, but this look is so lovely on you! Your blog is so pretty and you have amazing brows! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. omg your brows are amazing! I always do this with Kylie Jenner's lip kits and a super thin brush. Such a statement look yet so simple.

    Sarah xo
    scarletstate.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Wow your brows and lips are gorgeous! You're so gorgeous!

    Alisha
    https://insidethevoyage.wordpress.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Ooh, I like this, so different! xx
    www.katygoodship.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Love the colour, looks gorgeous on you! xox

    Emma • www.emmalanglands.co.uk

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. wauu :) you rock it
    xoxo whit love

    whitlove92.blogspot.co.at

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for leaving lovely comment !!

Antonela xx

 
Designed by Beautifully Chaotic